Are you in a country where Disney plus is not accessible?
Well, Disney+ is not officially available everywhere and geo-restricts its content in unsupported countries. Unfortunately, South Africa is one of them.
So, it is obvious if you are in South Africa and trying to access Disney plus, you will get an error message immediately on your screen.
“Sorry, Disney+ is not available in your country.”
Fed up with this error message?
Don’t worry, get yourself the Disney Plus VPN. A VPN allows you to watch Disney plus in South Africa without any restriction. You can watch your favorite TV shows and movies in South Africa without being geo-blocked with the help of a reliable VPN.
Can’t wait to unblock the “Mouse House” and other amazing content with the help of a VPN. Just follow these steps to stream Disney Plus in South Africa or anywhere in the world:
How to Get & Watch Disney plus in South Africa? (EASIEST STEPS)
Here’s what you’ll need to get & watch Disney plus in South Africa with the help of a VPN.
- Subscribe to a VPN service and download its app (I would recommend Surfshark).
- Just open the VPN app and login with your username and password.
- Go to the server list and connect to a US server (Miami, Atlanta, and Chicago are the best Surfshark’s server).
- Now go to Disney plus website or use its app, sign-in to your account, and watch your favorite movies and TV shows without any restrictions.
How does VPN help you to access Disney plus in South Africa?
Much like other streaming services, Disney plus also has to abide by content distribution laws. Due to certain content distribution policies, Disney Plus prohibits its content from being aired in countries like South Africa.
If Disney+ is not available in your country, it will simply block you from accessing any of its content — even if you borrow a subscription from someone.
But how do they do it?
Well, Disney+ uses an Internet Protocol (IP) tracking system to detect users who try to access it from unsupported countries.
The users who stream Disney in that country where Disney+ is not accessible like South Africa, streaming activates an IP tracking system and blocks those users instantly. If Disney+ suspects that you’re accessing it from an unsupported region, you’ll simply get blocked.
This is where a VPN comes in. A VPN changes your local IP address and assigns you a different IP address to make you appear in a country where Disney+ is accessible — like the USA for example.
By using a VPN, you can trick Disney Plus’s IP tracking system into thinking that you are in the USA. Hence, this allows you to watch Disney+ seamlessly from South Africa or anywhere else.
Using a VPN can unblock Disney plus but, however, keep in mind that not all the VPNs work with Disney plus because of tough geo-restrictions. To unblock Disney plus in South Africa, you need to choose a reliable VPN.
Best VPN for Disney+ to Watch in South Africa or Anywhere
So, I’ve tested many VPNs and found only a few best VPNs for Disney plus based on the following criteria:
- Fast Speed / No Buffering Issues
- No of Servers / Locations
- No Log Policy
- High-Quality Streaming
- Simultaneous Connections
- Unblocks Other Streaming Services
- Customer Support
Surfshark is one of the best, pocket friendly, and reliable VPN that works with Disney plus. It has around 3200+ servers in 65 countries. It offers more than 500 servers in the US to access Disney plus and other streaming websites like Hulu, Netflix, and so on from anywhere around the world.
You can stream Disney+ without facing buffering issues at great speed. Surfshark is compatible with popular devices like iOS, Android, macOS, Windows, Xbox One, Smart TV, Roku, Chromecast, PS4, Firestick/FireTV, and routers. It allows you to watch videos in 4K and HD quality at a fast speed.
Surfshark Costs $2.49/mo and offers you a 30-day money-back guarantee. It also gives you the freedom to use a single account on unlimited devices simultaneously.
Your privacy is absolutely secure with Surfshark as it follows a no-log policy. It also provides 24/7 customer live chat support for any queries. Needless to say, you’ll have no trouble finding a working server for Disney+.
Express is the fastest and also a reliable VPN for Disney plus in South Africa. It has around 3000+ servers in 94 countries. What’s impressive about ExpressVPN is that 28 of its servers are available in the U.S. This makes it super easy to watch Disney and other streaming services in South Africa without any hassle. If we talk about streaming performance, ExpressVPN can help you easily stream content in 4K video quality on Disney+ without encounter buffering issues. Your video takes just 1-2 seconds to play with Express VPN.
Express is a trusted VPN provider and offers best in class unblocking performance. It provides 24/7 live chat support to help always find the best working servers for Disney+.
Although ExpressVPN is comparatively more expensive than some other VPNs out there, it does allow five simultaneous connections on a single subscription. Speaking of price, ExpressVPN costs $8.32/mo and comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
As for compatibility, ExpressVPN offers apps for the devices such as iOS, Amazon Firestick/FireTV, macOS, Smart TV, Linux, Android, Windows, Xbox One, PS4, and routers.
Lastly, we have NordVPN. This VPN service is a combination of a huge variety of reliable servers and fast browsing speed. It has about 5565 servers in 59 countries, out of which 1970 servers are available in the US alone.
With so many servers, it’s no wonder why NordVPN made it to our list. With Excellent unblocking performance and features, you’ll be able to unblock Disney+ in South Africa in no time.
Its smart play DNS features help you to play video in 1-2 seconds and you can stream videos without buffering issues in HD quality. With NordVPN, you can connect 6 devices at a time on a single subscription making it super affordable. Also, NordVPN comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee to help new users try out the service without any risk.
If we talk about pricing, NordVPN starts from just $3.71/mo. It is compatible with devices like Android, Routers, iOS, Linux, Apple TV, macOS, Windows, and so on.
Just like ExpressVPN and Surfshark, NordVPN also provides a 24/7 customer live chat support service to its users. NordVPN is super secure too. In fact, it follows a strict no-log policy for ultimate user privacy.
No one will ever know your cringy love for High School Musical.
Can I get and watch Disney plus with a free VPN in South Africa?
Well, you can watch Disney and other streaming websites with Free VPNs but it is recommended that you use reliable paid VPNs. Free VPNs are not reliable enough to bypass the geo-restriction of Disney plus. Even some paid VPNs struggle to unblock Disney geo-restrictions.
Plus, Free VPN services are highly risky as they don’t protect your data and might sell your data to advertisers.
How can I get and watch Disney plus in South Africa on Android Devices?
All you need to do is to follow the below steps to get and watch Disney + South Africa on your Android devices:
- Download a reliable VPN on your Android device. (I recommend Surfshark).
- Click on Username after opening the Google play store app.
- Click on Add another account > Create an account.
- Follow your on-screen instructions and select the US as your country region.
- Go to MyGiftCardSupply.com and buy a gift card for Google Play. Through email, you’ll get the gift card code.
- Check the email and copy the gift card code from the email.
- Go back to Google Play Store and tap on the hamburger icon then click on your payment methods.
- Click on Redeem code and paste the gift card code. To proceed, tap on Redeem.
- Now install the Disney+ app from Play Store.
- Visit Disney+ and create a new account.
- Tap on Subscribe after selecting a subscription plan. Use a Gift card as your payment method.
- Buy a subscription for Disney+ through your Android device and start streaming.
How can I get and watch Disney plus in South Africa on iOS Devices?
All you need to do is to follow the below steps to get and watch Disney + South Africa on your iOS devices:
- Install a consistent VPN like Surfshark on your iOs and Connect with the US server.
- Go to the link and tap on “Create Your Apple ID”.
- Mention your details in the registration form. Choose theS as your country region and enter your actual phone number (to get a code from Apple).
- Enter Codes from Apple on your phone and email for verification of your newly created Apple ID.
- Go to the Settings app and tap on Apple ID > iTunes & App Store.
- Now log out of your old Apple ID and sign in to the new Apple ID.
- Buy a gift card from Apple.
- Follow your on-screen instruction and tap on “Place Your Order”
- Check the email and receive a gift card that you just purchased. Tap on “Print this Gift Card” and save it as a PDF copy. Tap on Save as PDF > click Save.
- Copy the gift card code after Opening the gift card PDF file.
- Tap on Redeem a gift card or code and manually enter the code
- Tap on Redeem after pasting a code. The Gift card will be applied to your account
- Install the Disney+ app and create a new account.
- Select the Subscription plan you purchase with the gift card and tap Ok. Now watch your favorite Disney+ content.
Is Disney Plus (+) compatible with different devices?
You can watch Disney plus TV shows and movies on smart TVs, mobile phones, set-top boxes, gaming consoles, and web browsers. To elaborate further, you can watch Disney+ on the following devices:
- Apple iPhone and iPad
- Amazon Fire Tablet
- Android phone and tablet
- Android TV Devices
- Samsung Tizen Smart TVs
- LG WebOS Smart TVs
- Xbox One
- Apple TV (4th Generation and later)
- Sony PlayStation 4
- Amazon FireTV
- Apple AirPlay
Best Shows and Movies to Watch on Disney+ in South Africa
You can watch numerous TV shows and movies on Disney+ in South Africa. Here are the names of some best movies and TV shows of Disney plus:
Top Disney+ TV shows for South African Users
|TV Shows||IMDb Rating|
|The Mandolorian aka Baby Yoda show||(8.4/10)|
|Star Wars Clone Wars||(8.3/10)|
|The World According t0 Jeff Goldblum||(7.8/10)|
|Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D||(7.5/10)|
|Forky Asks the Question||(6.8/10)|
|That’s So Raven||(6.6/10)|
Top Disney+ Movies for South African Users
|Top Movies||IMDb Rating|
|Guardians of the Galaxy||(8.0/10)|
|Lilo & Stitch||(7.3/10)|
|Star Wars: The Last Jedi||(7.0/10)|
|Lady and the Tramp||(6.3/10)|
FAQs Regarding Disney+ South Africa
Is Disney plus available in South Africa?
Disney Plus is not available in South Africa. Right now, they don’t have any plan to launch their streaming service soon in South Africa. Although, you can get Disney plus in South Africa and other unsupported countries by using a reliable VPN like Surfshark to watch your favorite Disney+ TV shows and movies.
What is the cost of Disney plus in South Africa?
The cost of Disney Plus in South Africa for subscribers is categorized on monthly as well as yearly plan. The monthly plan cost is $6.99 (R102.20), whereas, yearly plan cost is probably $69.99 (R1023.23).
Why is VPN necessary to unblock Disney + South Africa?
A VPN is necessary to unblock geo-restrictions of Disney+ in South Africa. It changes your IP address and tricks the IP tracking system into thinking that you live in a country where Disney is available. A reliable VPN like Surfshark works amazingly well with Disney+ and other popular streaming services like Netflix, Hulu, and more.
So this wraps it up. I hope you now know exactly how to unlock Disney plus South Africa with the help of a VPN.
As of now, Disney plus is accessible in limited countries and will be launched someday in South Africa. Using a consistent VPN like Surfshark is the only way to stream Disney in South Africa or an unsupported country until it launches its streaming services globally.
So what are you waiting for? Purchase Surfshark today or try it out for 30-days risk-free and start streaming.