Are you in Malaysia and want to stream Disney plus?
Sadly, Disney is unavailable in Malaysia and has no plan to launch its services any time soon there.
Disney plus, a phenomenal streaming service that is accessible in limited countries, restricts its content in unsupported countries due to content distribution policies.
So, if you try to access the “Mouse House streaming service” in Malaysia, you will instantly encounter the following Disney geo-restriction error message on your screen:
“Sorry, Disney+ is not available in your country.”
You’ll go through the above error message whenever you try to get access to Disney plus in Malaysia or other unsupported regions.
Want to break the Disney Plus Malaysia Geo-restriction barrier?
If yes, then all you need is the Disney Plus VPN. A VPN breaks the geo-restriction barriers to let you stream Disney plus in Malaysia or anywhere in the world without being blocked.
To watch your favorite Disney content in Malaysia or anywhere in the world, follow these steps:
How to Get & Watch Disney Plus in Malaysia? (EASY STEPS)
Here’s all you need to do to get and watch Disney plus in Malaysia via a VPN:
- Download and Log in to a VPN on your device (Surfshark VPN works best with Disney+).
- Visit the server list and connect to any US server – Surfshark’s best servers: (Chicago, Miami, and Atlanta).
- Visit Disney plus app or website > log-in to your account and start streaming.
How a VPN Helps You to Access Disney Plus in Malaysia?
Disney plus has to follow the content distribution laws like most popular streaming services. Disney+ restricts its content from being broadcasted in countries like Malaysia because of content distribution policies.
You will be blocked by Disney plus if you try to access it from any unsupported region or country.
How Disney plus block users?
It’s quite simple. Your internet service provider has your local IP address that can be viewed by everyone. Due to the content geo-restrictions, Disney blocks IP addresses of those countries where Disney is not accessible like Malaysia by using an IP tracking system.
This is where a VPN comes in. A VPN works magically. It changes your local IP address and issues you other country’s IP addresses where Disney is available — like the USA.
So, when you connect to the US sever with the help of a VPN, it tricks Disney’s IP tracking system into thinking that you are residing in the USA. Therefore, a VPN helps you to access Disney and watch its content smoothly from Malaysia or anywhere.
With that being said, remember that not all VPNs work with Disney plus as they are not strong enough to bypass tough geo-restrictions. Only reliable VPNs can unblock Disney plus in Malaysia.
Best VPNs to watch Disney+ in Malaysia or Anywhere Else
Well, I’ve tested many VPNs and came across the 3 best VPNs that work smoothly with Disney+ in Malaysia based on the following criteria:
- Fast Speed / No Buffering Issues
- High-Quality Streaming
- No of Servers / Locations
- Unblocks Other Streaming Services
- Simultaneous Connections
- No Log Policy
- Customer Support
Surfshark is a reliable and affordable VPN for working with Disney+. This best VPN has about 3200+ servers in 65 countries and 500 servers in more than 20 cities of the US to unblock Disney plus as well as Hulu, Netflix, BBC iPlayer, and so on globally.
It allows you to stream Disney plus at a fast speed without encountering buffering issues. Some devices like macOS, iOS, Android, iOS, Roku, Windows, Smart TV, routers, Firestick/FireTV, Chromecast, PS4, and Xbox One are compatible with Surfshark. You can watch videos in 4K and HD quality.
It comes up with a $2.49/mo cost along with a 30-day money-back guarantee offer. The most appealing thing about Surfshark is that it allows you to enjoy the connection of unlimited simultaneous devices with a single account.
It follows a no-log policy. When it comes to privacy, Surfshark ensures the privacy and safety of its users. It offers 24/7 customer live chat support for queries. You won’t face difficulty finding a server that works with Disney+.
ExpressVPN is the fastest in speed among all VPNs and consistent as well. This VPN provider comes with 3000+ servers in 94 countries and offers 28 servers in the U.S. It assures you to stream Disney plus and other websites like HULU, Netflix, etc, without any trouble. What’s more exciting about ExpressVPN is that you can hardly wait 1-2 seconds to play video. It helps you to watch videos on Disney+ in 4K video quality without lagging problems.
ExpressVPN retains its customer by keeping their privacy more secure and unblocking geo-restrictions websites. ExpressVPN’s live chat support active 24/7 for finding the best servers of Disney+.
However, in terms of price, ExpressVPN is a bit costly than other VPNs out there. It costs $8.32/mo and gives a 30-day money-back guarantee. It supports 5 simultaneous connections on a single subscription.
ExpressVPN is compatible with devices like Smart TV, Android, Windows, iOS, PS4, routers, Amazon Firestick/FireTV, Linux, macOS, and Xbox One.
The last tested VPN is NordVPN. It is a combination of great browsing speed and a wide variety of servers. This VPN has around 5565 servers in 59 countries and 1970 servers in the US.
Its unique smart play DNS features allow to play video in 1-2 seconds and watch videos in HD quality without facing loading issues. The interesting thing about NordVPN is that it allows to connect six devices at a time on a single subscription and this makes it great affordable. Besides, it offers a 30-day money-back guarantee to ensure new users for trying services without any risk.
When it comes to the price, NordVPN costs $3.71/mo. Nordvpn is compatible with devices such as iOS, Routers, Android, macOS, Apple TV, Windows, Linux, etc.
Just like Surfshark and ExpressVPN, It is a trusted VPN too and abides with a no-log policy. Like other VPNs, NordVpn also guides its users through 24/7 customer live chat support.
What is the Disney plus cost in Malaysia?
Disney plus Cost in Malaysia for subscribers depends on both monthly and yearly plans. Its monthly plan costs $6.99 (28.25 MYR) and the yearly plan costs $69.99 (282.90 MYR). Now the decision is yours to select a monthly or yearly plan.
Best Shows and Movies to Watch on Disney+ in Malaysia
Disney plus always comes up with impressive content. Here’s the list of Disney’s best TV Shows.
Top Disney+ TV shows for Malaysian Users
|TV Shows||IMDb Rating|
|Star Wars Clone Wars||(8.3/10)|
|That’s So Raven||(6.6/10)|
|The World According to Jeff Goldblum||(7.8/10)|
|Forky Asks the Question||(6.8/10)|
|Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.||(7.5/10)|
|The Mandolorian aka Baby Yoda show||(8.4/10)|
Top Disney+ Movies for Malaysia Users
|Top Movies||IMDb Rating|
|Lady and the Tramp||(6.3/10)|
|Guardians of the Galaxy||(8.0/10)|
|Lilo & Stitch||(7.3/10)|
|Star Wars: The Last Jedi||(7.0/10)|
Disney plus Compatibility with different Devices
You can stream Disney plus on many devices like Mobile phones, smart TVs, gaming consoles, web browsers, and set-top boxes. For more elaboration, Disney plus can be watched on the following devices:
- LG WebOS Smart TVs
- Apple AirPlay
- Sony PlayStation 4
- Xbox One
- Android TV Devices
- Amazon Fire Tablet
- Samsung Tizen Smart TVs
- Amazon FireTV
- Android phone and tablet
- Apple iPhone and iPad
- Apple TV (4th Generation and later)
How can I watch Disney plus Malaysia on Android Devices?
Just follow the below steps to watch Disney+ Malaysia on android devices:
- Install consistent VPN (I would recommend Surfshark).
- Open Google play store app and Tap on Username.
- Tap on Add another account > Create an account.
- Follow on-screen instructions and choose the US as your region.
- Visit MyGiftCardSupply.com and purchase a gift card for Google play. The gift card code will be received by email.
- Copy your gift card code from the email.
- Visit again Google Play Store, click on the hamburger icon after that tap on payment methods.
- Tap on Redeem code, paste your gift card code then click on Redeem to proceed.· From the Play store, download Disney plus app.
- Head to Disney and create a new account.
- Choose a subscription plan and click on Subscribe. You can use a gift card as your payment method.
- From your Android device, purchase a subscription for Disney plus. Now watch your favorite Disney + content.
How can I watch Disney plus Malaysia on iOS Devices?
Just follow the below steps to watch Disney+ Malaysia on iOS devices:
- Download a VPN like Surfshark or ExpressVPN on your iOS devices.
- Choose a US server and Connect with it.
- Click on “Create Your Apple ID” after visiting the link.
- Fill the registration form by giving your details. Select the S as your region and provide your actual phone number (from apple you’ll receive a code).
- Enter the code that you received from Apple on phone and email to verify the newly created Apple ID.
- Visit Settings app and click on Apple ID > iTunes & App Store.
- Sign out your old Apple ID and log in new Apple ID.
- From apple, purchase a Gift card.
- Follow on-screen instruction and tap on Place Your Order.
- Get the gift card you just purchased from your email. Click on “Print this Gift Card”, save it as a PDF.
- Open gift card PDF file and copy gift card code.
- Click on Redeem a code or gift card and enter the code
- Paste Code > Click Redeem. A gift card will get applied to your account.
- Download Disney+ app > create new account.
- Choose the subscription plan you wish to buy with a gift card > click
That’s it, you can now start watching your favorite Disney+ content.
FAQs Regarding Disney+ Malaysia
Is Disney plus available in Malaysia?
Disney plus is not available in Malaysia. and has no plan for launching its services in Malaysia. However, you can stream Disney+ and other streaming websites from Malaysia or anywhere around the world via reliable VPNs like Surfshark, ExpressVPN, and NordVPN.
Can I watch Mulan on Disney Plus in Malaysia?
Yes, you can watch Mulan and other content on Disney Plus in Malaysia when you use a consistent VPN to access Disney+ US from Malaysia.
Is VPN legal in Malaysia?
Yes, VPNs are absolutely legal in Malaysia. Because of the presence of online censorship in the country, using a trusted VPN is recommended. A VPN secures your privacy from your Government and ISP and allows you to access geo-blocked content risk-free.
Can Disney plus be watched on my TV?
Yes, Disney plus can be watched on TVs. If you’re able to download apps for TV devices like Amazon Fire TV and Android Smart TVs, you’ll have no issue streaming Disney+ via its app.
Can I watch Disney plus Malaysia with a free VPN?
You can try your luck but, free VPNs might not be consistent enough. So, you may not be able to watch any video on Disney+ in one go. VPNs like Opera, ZenMate, Proton, and TunnelBear cannot unblock Disney+.
Hopefully, you now know how to access Disney + in Malaysia via a reliable VPN.
Right now, Disney is available in some countries and will launch its services in Malaysia anytime in the future. A VPN like Surfshark is the only solution to unblock disney+ and other streaming websites in Malaysia or anywhere around the world.
Without wasting a time, get yourself a Surfshark VPN today and try its 30-day risk-free amazing offer and enjoy Mulan and other Disney content.